Smokey Eggs and Cabbage Muffins – HCG Phase 2
So I decided that I would give eggs a whirl this round as haven’t them before in P2 and kept seeing all these posts on one of the Facebook groups I belong too regarding using eggs so I came up with Smokey Eggs and Cabbage Muffins.
These are quite yum, well yum for P2 that is 🙂
- 3 Egg Whites
- 1 Whole Egg
- 3 Cloves of Garlic finely chopped
- 2 Cups of shredded Cabbage
- 1 Tsp of Onion powder
- 1 Tsp Smokey Paprika
- 1/4 Lemon juice
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Dry fry cabbage and garlic, add salt and pepper to taste. I cooked for about 10 min on medium heat.
- Whip the three egg whites until stiff, add in Lemon juice and whip until incorporated.
- Add in whole egg, Onion powder, Paprika and fold until all mixed.
- Add cabbage and fold.
- Place in muffin try, fill to top of muffin tin. Bake for 180°c for 20 minutes or until skewer comes out.
I will report that eggs don’t affect my weight, very happy but will still only have them a few times a week.
I also did a variation of this and used Spinach instead of the Cabbage and added 2TSP Psyllium Husk.. I found I had a sore tummy after this so maybe Psyllium husks didn’t agree?
I’ll find out next time I use the husks and also Psyllium isn’t in original protocol but it helps with BM’s on the HCG diet 🙂