HCG Phase 2 Recipe – Chocolate Muffins
Chocolate muffins, these are good when you’re getting bored and want to feel like your having cheat. I’m not going to say they are amazing but they are good to have as a break from the same old foods whilst doing the HCG phase 2 diet. The original recipe came from the Miracle Skinny Group on FaceBook, which only had eggs, cocoa powder and powdered Stevia. Here’s my alteration:
- 1 Egg and 3 Egg Whites
- 2 Tablespoons of Raw Organic Cacao Powder (This is better to use than Cocoa Powder as it’s the raw form and all the nutrients are still in the powder, Cocoa is the cooked version and nutrients are lost in the cooking process, I also think it tastes a whole lot less bitter)
- 20-30 drops of Chocolate Stevia (more or less depending on how sweet you like it)
- 2 Teaspoons of Psyllium Husk Powder (this helps bulk them up a wee bit and really helps me with bathroom issues during phase 2)
- Tiny bit of salt.
- 1/4 lemon juice.
- Separate all the eggs so you have 4 egg whites in one bowl and one yolk left in another (other three yolks discard some how)
- Using a beater whip up the egg whites until stiff peaks form, add the squeeze of lemon and beat until incorporated.
- Sprinkle on the Psyllium Husk and add the drops of Chocolate Stevia, Salt and 1x Egg Yolk again beat until incorporated
- Lastly add the Cacao powder, you will now need to fold in, don’t worry if not fully incorporated. The Cacao will make the whites deflate quite bit.
- Pour into non-stick muffin tins and bake at 175°c for about 15-20 minutes, let cool and eat.
I usually have veg before hand then this.