Chilli Beef And Tomato – HCG Phase 2
Some people have problems with Beef and Tomatoes but not me, well not yet anyway and fingers crossed I don’t! It’s such a satisfying dish, fills the bowl and seems hearty.
Hope if you try it you enjoy it as much as I do.
- 100g very lean beef mince
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 4/5 chopped cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Sprinkle of onion flakes or powder
- 2.5 cups of water
- 2 pinches of hot chilli powder plus flakes if you like it hot
- Pinch Cumin
- Pinch Nutmeg
- Pinch Cinnamon
- Pinch Oregano
- Teaspoon Turmeric
- Teaspoon dried Chives
- Teaspoon dried Coriander
- Teaspoon died Ginger
- Few fresh Basil leaves and some for garnish
- 1/4 lemon or lime juice.
- Brown mince and garlic cloves over med heat until mince is browned.
- Add in chopped tomatoes and start adding in spices
- Add water or add part way though adding spices if sticking to bottom of pan.
- Add first lot of Basil leaves.
- Put lid on and cook for 30 in stirring occasionally over a low heat so that the Chilli is simmering.
- Take lid off and turn heat up so you get it bubbling away quite a lot, cook for a further 15/30 min until most of liquid is gone.
- Add lemon juice and salt to your licking and stir, I usually add my last lot of Basil now too.
MM MM… Whats for your dinner tonight?