Basil Pesto Chicken with Cucumber Noodles – Phase 2
Noodles on phase 2 of the HCG diet seriously good and easy to change up too 🙂Yesterday I came up with Basil Pesto, Chicken and cucumber noodles. If you haven’t tasted or seen cucumber noodles before check out my article on the machine I brought – Paderno spiral vegetable slicer.
- 100g chicken breast
- enough cucumber to make either a cup or two cups depending on your calorie requirement for the day.
- 1 cup of water
- Salt and Pepper
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup Basil leaves
- 2 Tblsp of Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- Fresh thyme – few sprigs
- Place chicken breast in 1 cup of water, thyme, salt and pepper on the stove, and cook for about 20 minutes. I let mine boil quite rapidly and water reduced down to about 1/4 cup which I then use for the pesto.
- Place Garlic, Vinegar, 1/4 cup of the left over water from the chicken, lemon juice in a blender and blend on high until all incorporated. It’s not like a thick pesto but runny which is OK as it’s going in Noodles anyway.
- Use your spiralizer or Julienne peeler to make cucumber noodles and place in bowl.
- Shred chicken onto noodles and drizzle over the pesto. Place lid on noodles and shake up.
I made mine in advance and removed from the fridge about an hour before eating. I always find anything salady tastes better at room temp 🙂